ttz-Bremerhaven is the European Coordinator of Nawatech project. ttz is a private non-profit technology transfer centre associated to the University of Bremerhaven (North of Germany) specialized in the fields of environment technology, biomass production, conversion and use, waste and wastewater management and energy efficiency.
ttz has 120 highly skilled employees and long term experience in European and International projects, as it has participated in more than 200 research projects under the 6th and 7th Framework Program, either as co-coordinator or key member. TTZ carries out applied research (mainly for and with SMEs) and has been or is involved in several European projects dealing with sustainable biomass production and use: sustainable agricultural management, new crops and new markets, short rotation plantations, future trends for biomass production as well as other innovation projects dealing with membrane technology for bioethanol, ethanol and biogas from lignocellulose etc.
ttz has been the coordinator of the following networks:
- WAFLA (network on agroforestry and integrated water resource management)
- Biopros (network on solutions for the safe application of wastewater and sludge for high efficient biomass production in Short-Rotation-Plantations)
- NETBIOCOF (network on promoting the uptake of innovative technologies to expand the use of biomass co-firing in new and existing power plants)
- AGROBIOGAS (network on integrated approach for biogas production with agricultural waste)
- ISSOWAMA (network on integrated sustainable solid waste management in Asia)
- NETSSAF (network on sustainable approaches for large scale implementation of sanitation in Africa sanitation in West Africa)
Several other research projects are listed on www.ttz-bremerhaven.de.